My Flickr feed

www.flickr.com

Saturday 9 June 2012

Thomas Leuthard sets me on the right path

Not sure how I stumbled across Thomas Leuthard, it may have been in the talk photography forum.

The great thing was that he had a couple of free e-books (there are 3 now) on street photography so I downloaded them and read them a couple of times.



They can be found here

I've just skimmed back through the books to remind me of their content and I'd forgotten how fantastic the images were, I'll have to go back and have a proper look soon.

These books really fired me up for street photography and I found myself agreeing with most of his thoughts on the genre and therefore trusting his judgement on how to proceed.

I particularly liked his take on watermarking and licensing, he disapproves of both.

His guidance on finding an individual style has stuck with me and is something I have real aspirations to achieve but accept that it is a long term goal.

For anyone just starting out on street photography they provide a great foundation to build on, more importantly they are hugely inspiring and will make you want to get out on the streets and start clicking.

Which is exactly what I did next with a trip to Stratford upon Avon...


If you like the post please click on the share buttons below, it's quick and easy.

No comments:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips