My Flickr feed

www.flickr.com

Friday 8 June 2012

Humble beginnings

Although not that long ago I can't remember what made me buy a camera and start this new hobby.

Some influence may have come from my father-in-law Graham as he's a keen amateur photographer, another need was to try and record some images and video from my other pastime of mountain biking.

So I looked into a camera that would suit my needs, street photography at that time not part of my requirements. I eventually settled on a Panasonic Lumix TZ10 as it was described as a good travel camera with some scope for creativity for the more knowledgable photographer.

At this stage I still hadn't read Thomas Leuthard's e-books or even heard of street photography, I did however take this photo which I suppose is my first street shot.

'


What an awful image, doesn't really have any redeeming features.

It was taken from quite a distance away on zoom and cropped in, looks like I added a filter in some editing software as well.

All I really remember about it is feeling a bit scared when I took it.





No comments:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips